Travel Kuz Careers
No Commercial Driver’s License? No Problem!
We train from the ground up.
Why is Travel Kuz the right move?
SCHEDULES THAT WORK
Still not sure? Request a call from our team.
What does it take to become a school bus driver?
To operate a full-size school bus in Massachusetts you need a CDL Class B driver’s license with a (P) Passenger Endorsement, (S) School Bus Endorsement, a full DOT physical, and a School Bus Driver Certificate issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
- Have you held a driver’s license for the past three consecutive years?
- Are you at least 21 years old (MA), or at least 18 years old (VT)?
- Pass a Criminal Offender Record Information check (CORI)?
- Pass a Sex Offender Registry Information check (SORI)?
- Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam?
- Pass a pre-employment drug test?
- Do you have a clean driving record (some exceptions)?
- Do you enjoy working with kids?
- Do you like to drive?
- Do you want a job with rewarding benefits?
- Call us to schedule an interview.
- Complete your CORI, SORI, & Fingerprinting.
- Study the CDL Manual for the permit exams:
(free online manual and resources)
- General Knowledge
- Passenger Endorsement
- School Bus Endorsement
- Obtain your DOT Medical Card & pass your pre-employment drug screening (we’ll make the appointment around your schedule).
- Pass your permit exams.
- Begin your paid training to pass your road test.
- Great starting pay.
- No experience necessary.
- We pay you to get your CDL.
- Work the school calendar with your kids.
- Reduce daycare costs; bring your children on the bus with you.
- Earned paid sick days (some stipulations).
- Paid school breaks. Collect unemployment during school vacations and summers.
- 401k matching.
- Health Insurance that is 30% company paid.
- No nights, weekends, or holidays… unless you want them.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Split shift work schedule keeps your mid-days productive.
- Drug free work environment.
- Equal opportunity employer.
- A job with a view.
What does it take?
Becoming a School Bus Driver with Chelseigh
EEO Policy Statement – Effective as of 1/2009
F. M. Kuzmeskus, Inc. / TRAVEL KUZ policy with respect to EEO Affirmative Action Compliance is set forth below.
It is the policy of F. M. Kuzmeskus, Inc. dba TRAVEL KUZ to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, F. M. Kuzmeskus, Inc. dba TRAVEL KUZ will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
F. M. Kuzmeskus, Inc. dba TRAVEL KUZ goal is to achieve at least proportional representation of women and people of color across the company. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulation and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotion and social/recreation programs.